The project objective is to increase the incomes and enhance the livelihoods of the poor rural/fishermen households in the project area. This will be achieved through improved production in a participatory, integrated and environment friendly manner. Specific objectives are:
- Organizing the rural poor men and women in target villages to be active partners in implementation of project activities and their own development.
- Improving the access to poor men and women to productive assets, including skills, knowledge, capital, means of production and markets.
- Assisting in addressing local development and services lags through provision of support for local productive infrastructure.
- Improving production support infrastructure of fishermen’s communities through improved landing sites and strategically located road network.
- Empowering poor communities to become effective partners in development and accessing development resources and mainstream an accountable system for development delivery.